Getting to Randall’s Island by ferry is an easy and beautiful way to cruise to Electric Zoo. The purchase of your ferry ticket grants you access to a stunning ride along the East Side of Manhattan.
Ferries depart from and return to the East 35th Street Ferry Landing located at the intersection of East 35th Street and FDR Drive. They travel to and from Randall’s Island all weekend long! Starting at 2:30pm on Friday, September 2nd and at 12:30pm on Saturday and Sunday, ferries run continuously until 30 minutes after the festival ends.
Both single-day and weekend-long ferry passes are available for purchase to cater to your stay at Electric Zoo. If you haven’t yet purchased your ferry passes, it’s not too late…
Subway & Bus
Getting to Electric Zoo courtesy of MTA is one of many transportation options made simple for you. Electric Zoo is working closely with MTA to ensure everyone has a convenient mode of transportation to the festival.
Here’s how to get to Electric Zoo via Subway/MTA Buses in two simple steps.
- Take the subway train to the 125th Street Stop.
- $6.50 roundtrip ($1.00 new card fee not included)
- Take the X80 Express Bus from 125th Street / Lexington Avenue to Randall’s Island Park.
- $6.50 roundtrip ($3.75 if coming from subway using MetroCard)
- Please note, you must have a pay-per-ride/cash value MetroCard if you choose to ride the x80 bus. Unlimited time-based cards (weekly/monthly/etc.) are not accepted. You can get/fill-up your MetroCard in the subway station at 125th Street!
- Service on the x80 starts at noon, and runs approximately every 10 minutes.
- Or, walk – simply follow 125th St. east and cross the RFK Bridge.
You’ve arrived at Electric Zoo!
You can walk across the footbridge from E. 103rd St. in Manhattan onto Randall’s Island Park. It takes about 20-25 minutes to walk from the Manhattan side of the footbridge to the festival entrance.
Pedestrians can also walk across the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge from Manhattan (about 15 minutes), Queens (about 30 minutes), or the Bronx (about 15 minutes).
BICYCLISTS PLEASE NOTE: Bikes are NOT allowed on the ferry or buses. Bike parking is South of the RFK Bridge Pedestrian Walkway, near the Ferry Landing on Randall’s Island. Follow signs from the main festival entrance.
If you are traveling to Electric Zoo from Brooklyn, why not take our new direct route between Brooklyn and Randall’s Island?
Shuttles depart from and return to Output (74 Wythe Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11249) beginning at 2PM on Friday, and noon on Saturday and Sunday. Weekend and single day round trip passes are available.
There is no parking available on Randall’s Island this year. Walk, take the ferry, be dropped off, or use public transportation to get to the Zoo! We will be sure to notify you if parking becomes available.
Note: There is NO OVERNIGHT PARKING and NO TAILGATING allowed on Randall’s Island.